Friday, June 3, 2011

Hunting.....

I have been looking for a job for a little over a month now, and I am really ready to just start working. I have learned a couple of things about myself along this journey:

1. I am really good at keeping eye contact with an interviewer.
2. I talk a lot when I am nervous.
3. it is harder to make a connection with a male interviewer.
4. No matter how hard I try, I will not be able to bend the Lord's will to my own.

Number four has a story behind it, as you probably have guessed. Here's the story.

I got an interview at Allyse's Bridal in the University Mall. I was so excited because I love this store and being able to work there would be the coolest thing ever. The interview went really well, I was able to make a connection with the lady interviewing me. Coming out of the interview I felt peaceful, but I also knew in my heart that I wouldn't get the job.

Well I didn't like that feeling; so I said a prayer first of gratitude, and then to tell my Heavenly Father that I really wanted that job. This kind of prayer continued for the next few days, until I was to receive the decision from the store. I didn't get the job. It made me sad, but I wasn't angry at all. I felt the same peace I had right after the interview. I knew that I would find a job this summer, and it would be even better for me.

So I continue with new faith that I will find the perfect job for me. And to anyone also looking for a job, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment